Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Cafe Rio Chicken

This is an easy crockpot meal that can also be prepared ahead of time and frozen. Combine all ingredients in a large ziploc bag to freeze. Then, when you're ready to cook, just dump everything in the crockpot. You could also double the recipe and put half to freeze and half to cook now so you would have two meals and one prep! I did not thaw my chicken breasts before making this and cooked it in my crockpot on high for 6 hours. The chicken was cooked and it tasted great! You can thaw before and cook the same-either low for 8 hours or high for 6. I just like the fact I can dump everything in a crockpot in the morning without having to defrost overnight. I made a recipe and a half because I had a 3 lb bag of chicken breasts, and so that we would have plenty to eat on all week. Last night we had them on corn tortillas as tacos. I'm planning on putting them on sandwich thins for lunch this week, and having them in nachos for another dinner this week. So as you can see, this chicken is very versatile. If you're counting carbs, you can put it over lettuce for a salad. This is an easy, healthy, tasty meal for your family!

Ingredients

2 lbs chicken breasts
1/2 small bottle of zesty Italian dressing
1 packet of Ranch dressing mix (mixed with 1/2c water)
1/2 Tbsp cumin
1/2 Tbsp chili powder
1/2 Tbsp minced garlic

Directions

Combine all ingredients in a crockpot and cook on low 5-6 hours or high 8 hours. Shred chicken and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment