Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Banana Protein Muffins

For my first blog post, I chose a low-calorie and healthy muffin. These would be great for breakfast, but I like to eat muffins for a snack. So at about 60 calories a piece, and 7 grams of protein each, a couple of these babies would make a great pre-workout snack! The following is the original recipe. The only substitution I made was to use Domino's sugar/stevia blend and only used half of what the recipe calls for: 1/8 cup. Also, to get 3/4 c of egg whites, I had to use 5 egg whites! Next time I make them, I'll try it with 3 egg whites, increase the sugar/stevia blend, and maybe add some chocolate chips! Chocolate makes everything better :) Even the way I made them though, they were still good!

Ingredients

3/4 c ripe banana
3/4 c egg whites
1/2 c plain low fat Greek yogurt
3/4 c oats
2 scoops vanilla protein powder
1/4 c baking stevia
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use silicon muffin pan, or use foil liners and spray them with cooking spray.
2. Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until mixture is smooth.
3. Divide mixture evenly between 12 muffin cups
4. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.

The recipe specifically states to spray foil liners or use a silicon pan because the muffins will stick otherwise. My batter was very runny, but the muffins still turned out. Also, I had to bake mine for 20 minutes. Enjoy!

Nutritional Info
(doesn't account for any substitutions made)

Calories: 58
Carbs: 9g
Protein: 7g
Fiber: 2g

No comments:

Post a Comment