Thursday, October 3, 2013

Skinny Chicken Fried Rice

My husband has been asking me to make chicken fried rice for a while, so when I found a recipe for it on skinnymom.com, I decided to give it a try. It came together quickly and easily and it was very tasty. I pre-chopped my onion and garlic beforehand and used rotisserie chicken from Costco. Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
4 cups rice, prepared
1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and chopped into bite sized pieces
1 cup peas and carrots, frozen
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 eggs
3 Tbsp sesame oil (you can use any other oil, but I used sesame and I think it's key to give it that authentic Asian flavor)
1/4 c. lite soy sauce

Directions:
Heat sesame oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add onion, garlic, peas, and carrots and "fry" until veggies are tender. Crack eggs into skillet and scramble, mixing throughout vegetables. Add cooked rice, chicken, and soy sauce to skillet. Mix really well. This is why you want to use a big skillet.

Makes 4-5 servings 

No comments:

Post a Comment